- Excellent Sustainable Substitute for Asbestos
- Thermal Insulation and Heat Protection
- Provide protection of industrial electrical wires, cables, hoses.
- Reinforcement of laminates, sleeve or pipe winding, seams, and molding
- Remediation Pipe Repairs and Reinforce corroded pipe systems,
- Strengthening Timber , Fiberglass , Concrete and other surfaces
- Interlayer for fire protection of constructions
- Reinforcing composites or repairs .
- Saturates easily, compatible with Epoxy, Polyester, Vinyl Ester, Polyurethane.
We provide a line of standard tapes matching with our most used fabrics, and we are constantly developing new weaves and applications for specific projects. If you need a customized tape size and weave, don’t hesitate in contacting us.
Unique Mechanical and Chemical Proprieties
- Capable of continuous temperature exposure of 1200°F (649°C) while maintaining integrity up to 1800°F (982°C).
- High Tensile Strength
- Excellent Acid and Alkali Resistance and unaffected by UV light
- High Thermal Capability
- High Melting Point
- High Burst Pressure
- Non- Combustible
- Excellent Thermal, electric and sound insulation
- Natural Product, 100% Recyclable, Environmental Friendly.
BasfiberWrap is produced with Basfiber – Advanced Basalt Fiber, produced from volcanic basalt rock it pursue a natural wide temperature application, effectively working as a flame retardant barrier and insulator.
One of the most traditional and well-known applications for basalt products is Thermal-insulation and fire-protection. The operating temperature of Basfiber® materials is -260°C up to +700°C with one-time permissible exposure of +1000°C. This allows to use basalt materials for thermal-insulation- of all kind of equipments in applications where customers need high-temperature insulation or fire-retardant barriers.
Materials made from Basfiber® don’t burn at the high temperatures. During fire exposure, fibers remain undamaged and tied together. Material doesn’t loose its mechanical properties and creates protection against fire. Products keep their shape and properties. During fire exposure they don’t release any harmful or dangerous substances into atmosphere.
|Operating temperature °C||-260 to +700°C|
|Caking temperature °C||1050°C|
|Thermal conductivity, Wt/m,K||0,031 – 0,038|
- Thermal Insulation
- Industrial Furnaces
- Hearth Industry
- Pipe and Lagging protection
- Expansion Joints